Learner Driver Insurance
KGM’s flexible learner driver policy provides learner drivers with comprehensive cover while protecting their parent’s no claims bonus in the event of a claim.
Who we work with
- Provisional UK driving licence holder aged 17 to 21
- Learners accompanied by full UK licence holders aged over 25
- Driving schools
- Vehicles belonging to insurance groups 1 to 19
- Maximum vehicle value of £10,000 if owned by the policyholder, or £20,000 if owned by the parent
- Vehicles that are insured elsewhere for the duration of the policy
- Minimum compulsory excess of £250
What the Learner Car policy covers
- Fully comprehensive cover
- Parents can be added as named drivers (subject to terms)
- Legal costs and damages as a result of an accident
- Third-party property damage and liability up to £20m
- Loss or damage as a result of accidental damage, malicious damage and vandalism, fire, self-ignition, lightning, or explosion, and theft or attempted theft
- New vehicle replacement with the same model and specification if the cost of repairs exceed 60% of the market value
For registered owners of the vehicle
- Audio equipment up to 10% of the vehicle’s market value up to £500 (only applies to an annual policy)
- Satellite navigation equipment up to £500
- Glass and windscreen cover up to £1000 (only applies to an annual policy)
- Personal belongings up to £100
- Replacement locks and keys up to £300
- Medical expenses up to £200 for each person injured in the vehicle
For the cover to be valid, the insured must be:
- Receiving driving tuition or taking an official Driving Standards Agency (DSA) practical driving test
- Accompanied by a full UK driving licence holder over the age of 25 which they have held for at least three years, or by a qualified instructor or examiner
- Using the car for pleasure and domestic purposes only
The cover ends when the insured passes the practical driving test and must be cancelled.
Benefits of the KGM service
Direct access to underwriters
At KGM, our broker-partners get direct access to our expert motor insurance underwriters. We take the time to get to know you and use our specialist knowledge to tailor our products to fit your client’s needs – making it quick and simple to find the best deal for your clients.
With no lengthy proposal forms to go through, our underwriters make the decisions themselves in real-time. We give our broker-partners a fast turnaround of quotes and documentation, making the process as fast and as smooth as possible.
All our products are designed to be flexible. We consider your client’s needs and experience to create a unique policy that is tailored to them. Designed and underwritten by specialist motor insurance experts.
Seasoned problem solving specialists
KGM has over 60 years’ experience creating custom-built specialist motor insurance for brokers and their clients.
A+ rated specialist motor insurance
We have an A+ rated capacity through our provider, Zurich, with a primary line of £130 million.