Classic Car Insurance
Our classic car policy is designed for collectable cars that are at least 20 years old. Quotations are tailored to your client’s needs, providing cover for activities including wedding hire and car shows.
Who we insure
- Drivers of post-1990s vehicles over the age of 30
- Drivers of pre-1990s vehicles over the age of 25
- Full UK licence holders of over 12 months and UK residents for over three years
- Vehicles that are at least 20 years old and are only used occasionally for a limited number of miles
What our classic car insurance policy covers
- Loss or damage as a result of accidental damage, malicious damage and vandalism, fire, self-ignition, lightning, or explosion, and theft or attempted theft
- Show cover included as standard
- Spare parts and accessories up to 10% of the policy up to £1000 for any individual part
- Replacement locks up to 10% of vehicle’s market or agreed value up to £750 for a single incident
- Unlimited windscreen cover up to £500 per incident
- Personal belongings cover up to £300
- Up to four named drivers
- Left-hand drive and Q plated vehicles
- Legal costs and damages as a result of an accident
- Foreign use in EU countries
- Agreed value cover
- Wedding hire
- Extended foreign use cover for social, domestic, and pleasure purposes (see policy document for further details)
Benefits of the KGM service
Direct access to underwriters
At KGM, our broker-partners get direct access to our expert motor insurance underwriters. We take the time to get to know you and use our specialist knowledge to tailor our products to fit your client’s needs – making it quick and simple to find the best deal for your clients.
With no lengthy proposal forms to go through, our underwriters make the decisions themselves in real-time. We give our broker-partners a fast turnaround of quotes and documentation, making the process as fast and as smooth as possible.
All our products are designed to be flexible. We consider your client’s needs and experience to create a unique policy that is tailored to them. Designed and underwritten by specialist motor insurance experts.
Timeless specialist motor insurance underwriting
Since our founding in 1957, KGM has been dedicated to adapting and refining our products for brokers and their clients.
A+ rated specialist motor insurance
We have an A+ rated capacity through our provider, Zurich, with a primary line of £130 million.