Complaints procedure

Our complaints procedure

We are committed to providing a high level of customer service. If you feel we have not delivered this, we would welcome the opportunity to put things right for you.

Who to contact in the first instance

Many concerns can be resolved straight away. If your complaint relates to the sale or administration of your policy, in the first instance please get in touch with your broker. Contact details will be provided on correspondence that we or our representatives have sent you. (For example on your welcome or renewal communication or on claim acknowledgement letters.)

If your complaint is about a claim then you can contact us by phone on 020 8530 7351 or email

Alternatively you can contact us for any policy related issues as below:

  • Telephone: 020 8530 7351
  • Email:
  • By post:
    KGM Motor Insurance
    St James House
    27–43 Eastern Road
    RM1 3NH

Many complaints can be resolved within a few days of receipt

If we can resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within the first few days of receipt, we will do so. Otherwise, we will keep you updated with progress and will provide you with our decision as quickly as possible.

Next steps if you are still unhappy

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case.

We will let you know if we believe the ombudsman service can consider your complaint when we provide you with our decision. The service they provide is free and impartial, but you would need to contact them within 6 months of the date of our decision.

More information about the ombudsman and the type of complaints they can review is available via their website

You can also contact them as follows:

  • Post: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
  • Telephone: 08000 234567 (free on mobile phone and landlines)
  • Email:

If the Financial Ombudsman Service is unable to consider your complaint, you may wish to obtain advice from Citizens Advice (or a similar service) or seek legal advice.